Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

The Truth about job Quote

38 years and still I keep running into this unethical way of quoting jobs .
many contractor big and small will use this way to quote jobs thinking that it is the only way to get the job , but after getting the job most will just run in to  problems getting their money  .
If they do get all the money it is a good bet that they will not have a good referral from the job .

Now what type of quoting am I talking about , well its called low bidding , that in its self is not the problem we have all seen guys do that and then run out of money trying to do the job  .
The real problem is the professional low bider that does it to get the job and then starts extra this and extra that after the job starts by then the client feels trapped and just goes with it .

Over the years I have seen this many times and have even talked to contractor that believe it is not only ok to do but feel no regret for doing so.
It makes me so mad to see good people taken this way and when every I can I will try to educate people about this practice.

You might think this is just a small general contracting problem but it is done even more with very large job all most every week you can here about large job going over budget it seem that it is just the fact of doing business , but it is not for 38 years I have never gone over my bid and in fact I most always come under and my clients get a refund for material not needed in my quote.

I do believe that in most cases the contractor doing the low biding just do not know how to price jobs or just do not want to take the time to do it right in any case we as contractor have an obligation to give the client the proper bid and stick to that bid unless a change is made which you and client agree on .

I live by one rule with my business is quite simple

On Time  On Budget  Total Satisfaction 


No comments:

Post a Comment