Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy With My Job but Time For Change

So many people I talk too have one thing in common when it comes to their employment . Time and time again it is that they are not happy with the way things turned out for them,  There are many reasons  for this the one main constant when it comes to self employed people is that they just are not educated enough to do the job .Some do not have the skills or the mind set to be their own boss , much less handle employee.

While other do not stick to the "kiss " system of business , they try to do everything and end up not getting work because their business does not define its self and gets over looked .
For over 35 years I have been struggling to make a living in the construction trade from roofing to building all the time learning and honing my craft as I go.

While it has been trying at times there were many good times as well and yes I did move from one trade to another which did effect my ability to get work I for one was lucky that not only did I know and have the expertise for each trade I did but working as a sub was very easy to come by.

As the years went by I did happen to build a following of client that now years latter help to build my business and keep food on the table .
While it is true that if I had just focused on one aspect of construction I would have been able to grow a profitable business and made my life easier .

Over the years I have had many people tell me that I do too much for my client or that I should let other people do the work and of course stop doing everything .
But that is the point I do enjoy working with my client and designing and planning the hole job .
Over the years I have been hired to general some very large jobs do to my experience and reputation for getting things done on time.

So now the time has come that while I do not regret the choices that I have made I do now find that there are just to many job offers coming in to general large jobs as well as offers to design and build large cottages and homes , so the time has come that I have started turning away small jobs and turning other jobs onto others that I can trust to do the job

Over the years the one thing I can say is that I did and do enjoy the work I have done and while I will miss doing all the little thing for my client I know that it is my time to move on and up and let others do the work while I over see the jobs.
This way I will be able to train other as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment