Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Electrical Inspection Bull Shit

Well there's a few things I need to talk about today on this New electrical inspection authority where in anyone's imagination does it seem okay to allow a home owner or somebody who has no idea if they have any experience whatsoever with electricity to take out permits and do the role of electrical wiring but on the other hand if you have a builder with several years of experience Doing the work and then electrical authority comes in inspects and passes it and this happens for three jobs and all pass I believe it should be grandfathered obviously the builder knows what is doing so why would be be required to have a certification I have over 37 years come across many certified electricians who have done work that doesn't  pass I had to fix that work so this kind of thing is just ridiculous electrician can come into a home start drilling or cutting whatever running wire without a license to be a contractor or carpenter has no idea what size hole will be okay I believe that, electricians and plumbers should not be allowed to do drilling and cutting we start saying that all other trades cannot cut or drill hole unless they are certified carpenter and as for the inspector he has no idea about the structural he is looking at so when he sees wire run through Joist he does not know if structural is okay but he'll pass it so I think inspectors should have to be certified in structural integrity if not they should have to hire a carpenter to do all the drilling and cutting IT'S time we fight back
The next time i have an electrical inspection  I will make the inspector tell me if the holes and cut are ok or if they are causing structure problems everywhere that  the electrician drilled cut or added wood I will call the inspector on it and I will keep doing it until they stop giving me a hard time with me doing my own electrical work.

No comments:

Post a Comment