Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

afordable housing

All I can say is What !

So I went to look at a new project today, I know going in that it was to be affordable housing and that it would be mostly inside construction .
I had spoken with the people in charge and had been informed that the outside was up and that all that was needed was the inside walls framed up and some ceiling work.
No big deal so I get into my mind that we are talking about a renovation of I old building into apartments.

Now the same story as with all these type of build they tell you that it is affordable housing so keep your price low and we have a lot of work coming up , the old bait and hook that far to many new guys fall for .

Well I go up to the site and I have the address so no problem right wrong, I mean I drive by the address twice and even go into a reality office to ask for direction thinking something is up.

Not the case they inform me that that is the site and even show me a news article about it.
So by now you are thinking what’s up, To begin with all I can see at the job site is large storage containers the kind they ship over seas and on trains.

So I go on in and I just can’t believe what I am seeing they have welded the shipping containers together and are stacking side by side and on top of each other over a foundation.

As it turns out they are going to frame inside walls and finish off the outside pop in some window and doors and there you have it affordable housing built out of shipping containers a first for me.
Will be putting up some picture as soon as I start working there.

No comments:

Post a Comment