Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Word Of Mouth

We have all heard that saying so many times be for, I do not have to addvertise I go by word of mouth.
Realy do we just beleve that person or does it work ?

You could be the best contractor out there or have done a better job than someone eles but does the client go around telling everyone they know how good there renovation was or that the new deck is great.

Well what do you think, is it remotely possible to get by on just word of mouth.
I know many contractors that say they do and yet they are not always working.

I my self have had many client over the years and if just 10% of them were to recommend me to there friends or people they know, than I would be so booked up that I would have to turn work away or grow so big that I just could not handle the work load.

Word of mouth will and has managed to generate work from past renovation projects but to base your hole contracting business on it does not make good business sense.

While most client will mention your company to someone when at there house to see the work you did .
That person is not likely to write down your number.
As well if that person is not building or renovating right away than there is a good chance that you will be for gotten.

The key to all this is to keep in contact with your clients send out update about your work or deals that they might be interested in.
Even Christmas cards or if you know client birthday.
In this way you keep your name on their lips and maybe you will generate work.




No comments:

Post a Comment